Tuesday 27 February 2018

#41 | Hello 2018

Hey lovelies, 

This might be coming it a bit late, but I hope that 2018 started off well for you! With February coming to an end tomorrow (lol), I thought I might just do a little update here in between my readings.

2017 was probably my best year yet, having to visit my favourite country (if you have not already known, Korea) TWICE. I had the best time there, but of course dreaded to leave the place. I have also made many new amazing friends, from my home country as well as from all around the globe! I can't wait to one day travel and find these friends in their home country and experience their way of life and culture.

But that year really left me with bittersweet memories, I lost a loved one that I wished I had took out more time to spend time with. She was so kind, so genuine, the life of any party and gave the best advices. I think of her from time to time, and sometimes wish that she didn't have to go through all that suffering before she left. It's still hard to accept the fact that I don't get to see her anymore. x In addition, JongHyun from Shinee (a band I adored for almost 8 years now) ended his life in December. I remember weeping to myself in the public transport that I was on, on the way to meet my friends. It is hard to accept and see that Shinee is now 4, but in Shawols (our fan group name), it will 5ever be 5hinee. x

Another thing, I'm not really sure if travel guides are the thing for me anymore because (1) they take really long to curate (2) my passion for it seems to be diminishing. BUT instead, I have been skewing back to fashion and beauty these days and even landed myself in a fashion related internship this summer! (Which I am really bursting in excitement for, to what I will learn, what I can contribute and create, to the people I will meet)

And if you haven't already subscribe to me on YouTube, here's my latest CNY GRWM!



And I thought I'll leave you guys a few of my favourite Korean playlist from Youtube that I listen to while doing my work, its in the "Glitter for brain" page!

And with that, I'm going back to my readings, do hit me up on Instagram and let me know if you're from my bloggggg! I can be found @singingspikes 

Love yourself and others,
Sharleen

No comments:

Post a Comment