Wednesday 10 October 2018

#42 | Europe Highlights and Updates

Hello Lovelies!

Hope that you are doing well and taking good care of yourselves!
I've went trippin to Europe in June with my family and visited some amazing places for the very first time. Didn't make a talking vlog like I used to, but made one that shows the highlights of my trip, which you can watch here:



Some updates in life, since I last left off in Feb. So many things have happened, and I'm apologetic to myself to not have the discipline to make time to update this space. Some quick updates, I've completed an internship in a Fashion-Tech company over summer and also took on a challenge of being a Marketing Director in one of my school's volunteer club. It was a very fulfilling summer!

Now that i'm mid-way into my second last semester, I feel the drain and half wishing that I'm going to graduate and half wishing that I can stay with student life. Reality have been hitting me hard recently and a lot of things have been on my mind recently. I am as lost as most kids, but not lost in the direction but lost in terms of how to get to where I want to be. 

I've been trying my best to seek help and expand my experiences and network as much as I can. Actively trying take part in workshops, talks and anything that can enrich my life. I wished I felt this earlier, but I guess I was busy enjoying the sheltered life of being a student.

Asides the bleak future, over the past year, I've also been trying to recover from a heart break from a friendship, one that I held on so dearly on for many years. I'm getting better, I've been telling myself to move on and not let it hurt me anymore. I need to stop giving that the thought of her power over my feelings -- that very often than not leave me crying.

Vulnerable youth, acting strong. I think those 4 words pretty much can sum up my life so far. But now, I'm trying to transit from acting strong to actually be strong, so that I can protect myself and my loved ones. 

Trying my best to take better care of myself, after having an episode in March where I landed myself in the hospital. Trying to manage my mood better, my facial expressions -- I need to learn the poker face better.  haha 

But yeah. Hope that life's treating you better! If not, may it get better from here :)
Going back to do my assignments now. 

Love yourself and others,
Sharleen x


No comments:

Post a Comment