Tuesday 2 February 2016

#31 | Twenty One

Almost a month after the celebration, here's what I would like to share.

It was fun, it was awesome, with the best company that I could have asked for. I was truly happy and excited the whole day. I was pumped with adrenaline, and it brought me great joy as I'm seeing most of my favourite people in the same room, sharing laughs and joy, and well food!

Andlyn and I NEW
21st Birthday Photos
Shaun and I New

Turning 21 is merely a notification from life that I'm growing older (Aging but still very young at heart). Have I lived my 21 years well? Have I made friends that will last me a life time? What now? Is there a certain way I am suppose to act? As usual, endless questions that I ask myself in my head. 

Age is really a number, and I have always felt that I have stopped at 16, because that was the best time of my life with these amazing people.

Sec Friends New
21st Birthday Photos
Performance NEW
Friends Playing NEW


I have always felt that they are the ones who knows me best, who at the end of the day accepts whatever ridiculous thoughts or weird ideas I have. People who have seen so many sides of me and stuck by to walk along side with me. *inserts happy crying emoji* I love you guys.

90s board NEW
Behind 21 NEW

Then came along Poly times, where I was introduced to a whole new system. Shy, pessimistic and uncertain of what was going to be installed for me - I was adamant then that I was not cut for Poly, but for JC. Reason being "everyone" goes to JC. I felt like a social reject or outcasted to have entered Poly. I felt that I was not smart enough - although I could enter JC with my grades. My family persuaded me and said that with my "learning style" and personality, I would not be suited for a pressure cooker environment that students mug and mug and mug.

So I went along with fate, accepted my placement in Temasek Poly Business and met a bunch of warm loving people that just made class so much more interesting. They opened my eyes and my mind of how it really does not matter what your background is, how old you are, which school or education level you came from etc. Poly taught me a lot of things I would never have a chance to learn in the JC system. I've learnt to work with people (with all honesty) that I cannot tolerate BUT learn to put personal feelings aside and be work focused. I have learnt that time management is crucial and that self discipline is something that can be cultivated, you just need to keep putting in an effort if you want to attain something. But these guys showed me how to have fun along the way.
21st Birthday Photos
3 Nerds NEW
Khaliesah NEW
21st Birthday Photos
Special thanks to May, Wen Wei, Christine for helping me out with decorating and managing the party, I would honestly not know what to do without you guys. You guys are THE BEST! (#bff4lyfe #tampgirls) Haha and BatmanVINSuperman, aka Daryl and Howmin, thank you for your heartwarming performances and putting yourself out there to perform in front of strangers.

Not forgetting my family members present, Lynette, Andrew, Shaun, Belle, Cheryl, Ah Ma and San Yi. Thank you for helping out from the start all the way to the end, and even the extended family celebration the following day! *hugs and kisses*

And to everyone that came, thank you for the generosity of your cards, presents and presence! Sorry that I couldn't talk and play with all of you guys during the party, will make it up with catch up sessions!  Also if you don't see yourself here, know that you're always in my heart x thank you for loving me for who I am. 

21st cake NEW

2 1  T H I N G S   T H A T   I   W A N T   T O   S A Y

1. Stop to smell the flowers, to look up at the sky, to hear the birds chirping, to feel the breeze running through your hair (I'm not writing a composition here).. But just stop once in a while and be aware and be in touch with your environment. It can be therapeutic. 

2. Learn to say sorry. For many things that you are arguing about is stupid at the end of the day. Learn to be forgiving and create harmony. Don't waste your time on bickers that will not add value to your life.

3. Dress well to express and impress. 2015 was the year I told myself, wear whatever you want, you might be mindful of what others might think about your outfit, but you do whatever you want that makes you happy.

4. Drink more water - for so much health benefits.

5. EXERCISE

6. Its not possible to abstain from junk food, but you can train your mind to think that eating junk food is a something repulsive. (It worked for me! and I'm still working on it. Haha)

7. Travel often if you can. Because the world is so huge, there's so much things to experience out there. The best memories that I have are usually the ones I experience overseas with my loved ones.

8. Take lots of pictures and videos. Memories fade, sometimes too fast to remember details - fleeting moments of anything should be captured.

9. Express yourself, be brave to discuss your feelings. (Sometimes I'm too brave..Lol)

10. Open your mind, try new things, let yourself out of your comfort zone once in a while for a start.

11. Don't be judgmental. I am still an offender of this, but I am trying to not form first impressions and accept people as they are.

12. ALWAYS PRESS "SAVE" here and there. Technology can be unreliable.

13. Live with $1.50 bread and plain water if you really want to use that saved money for something you want so bad. 

14. Be kind and helpful, always. Be the good you want to see in the world.

15. Unless the person is not deserving of your help or kindness, that will take it for granted and make use of you. Some people in life need to realise that they do not deserve kindness. Which leads to my next point,

16. Get rid of toxic people. Filter out the ones that does not make you feel good about yourself, that you know behind your back put you down time and time again.

17. Smile, not only it makes you happy, look cheerful, it can make a lot of things happen :)

18. Stay curious, be yourself, ask whatever questions you want - unless it's like super weird  and insensitive questions, try to just keep them in your head.

19. Give hugs, everyone needs it. Many don't say it, but it's always great to receive one.

20. You need to put in the hard work if you want to taste the sweet fruit. Although sometimes after putting in so much effort and you got the fruits - it's a little rotten but at least its edible, right? Always look at the brighter side of life.

21. 
d0pefashi0n:

Definitely

It's been a long while since I've updated this space. I'm going into my busiest time of the semester now, especially with this semester as I have to pick up the calculator again and also have more readings and assignments than previous semester. But I can do this, I know I whine a lot on my social media, but I can do this. I will do this. I will reach my goals.

I will soon update more on my Travel Guides - Japan, Taiwan, Korea etc. I do have a list of things that I have planned to write, but not yet found good time to think through and craft the posts. I have also updated my "Glitter for Brain" Page with new sights and sounds. Enjoy!

Till then my friends - Love yourself and others,
Sharleen x 

No comments:

Post a Comment