Wednesday 10 June 2015

#23 | Fashion in a Flash | Episode 2

It's about two months since the last episode and today i'll be touching on trends or pieces I covet. Since spring is almost over and we are well into summer, clothing just seems to be getting lesser and smaller. Haha no?


1. B O H E M I A M  I S  B A C K

Not sure if it's just Forever 21 and Zara, but I've noticed that soft pastel floral prints are back with many lose silhouettes. Flowy tops, bell bottom PJ pants, tassles on shirts and as accessories. Everywhere. 

Just in case you had no idea what is bohemian, its actually refers to people who leads unconventional and artistic lives. However in terms of fashion, it refers to being "boho-chic", dressing ruffly floral patterned pieces to model after looking nomadic, free-spirited and well, almost peasant looking. (The kind of not want to be compared to the upper class people in the past, so their clothings were ways to distinct themselves) You usually will see gypsy girls dressing "bohemianly", with their very sexy, nonrestrictive and casual outfits to depict their free-spirited personality. Similar to what bohemian is all about today in my opinion.

So I picked out a few pieces from stores to help get a better understanding, and also well.. mentally purchase these items. 

From Forever 21:

From Zara:
CROPPED TOP WITH CROSSOVER BACK
PRINTED SHIRT WITH BIB FRONT NECKLINE
STRIPED CROSSOVER TOP
LONG EMBROIDERED BLOUSE
COLORFUL EMBROIDERED TOP


                                                         2. S P O R T S  S H O E S 


Hahaha I'm definitely not wearing or liking them for the right reasons. If you checked out my previous episode, the newly identified style for lazy gym goers to change out of their shoes, or for people like me who wanna act like we work out, we just wanna wear sports shoes 24/7. Though my love for platform shoes/sandals is there, but there is a small space in my heart when it comes to comfortable shoes that are easy for me to be going around all day without having my feet to hurt or have unwanted blisters. Here are some of the many that I picked out online, that are gorgeous and are making their way to my lust list:



There are just so many! But my favourites are the ones from RAF and NIKE air max series.. I'm still deciding if I should get my hands on one or hold out till my heart falls for something else. I mean it might be a temporary want.... I should make a lust list post, then you'll know why I hug my wallet and cry. (Figuratively)



3. D E N I M  D R E A M I N G


I've been shopping recently and even though it is summer, shops everywhere are denim loving with the shorts, jeans, dresses, shirts, tank tops, overalls etc. I cannot comprehend. As a material that will never be out of style, I guess it is only right for it to be worn all year round. And besides, denim is really an easy thing to pair with, it goes with almost anything.. agree?

koreanmodel:

Street style: Joo Hee Jeong and Bae Yoon Young at Seoul Fashion Week Fall 2015 shot by Joo Min Hu
bjy126:

MIXXMIX 

DJ봄이

haseon:

knife tote (free shipping) use ‘haseon’ for 5% off!





                                                         4. C R O P  T H A T  T O P


Regardless of what season it is, it is perfectly normal for Singaporeans to bare our midriffs and show the public our cute little belly buttons. Haha that would not be the case for me, but you'll get to see what I mean when you're at orchard.

There is, however, many types of tops that the ladies now wear. Bralettes are becoming popular. Wearing just it beneath a lace/sheer/see-through top or just it alone. It is a great option if you are in the itsy bitsy titty committee, no need to worry about side boobs or anything.  

fashionlocker:



f a s h i o n l o c k e r








                                                 5.  V I N T A G E  &  O L D  S C H O O L


In case you did not get the wind, the 80's - 90's are back, and bigger than ever. Think about the jeans you used to call too baggy and ugly, the choker necklaces that I still find it disturbingly uncomfortable to wear, the big beady jewelry that we use to make for our friends in primary school as friendship bracelets and key-chains and all the vintage looking colours and patterns. 

One good example would be my favourite Kpop group; SHINee, who had this as their concept for their comeback album; Odd. They killed it, in all aspects. Watch their playlist here to see what I mean. The concept was present in their VIEW comeback stage. 

(I shall not flood you with anymore SHINee gifs, but if you must know, MinHo is my bias)

haseon:

mixxmix_seoul
tokyosaesthetic:

•more•

ain_hawaii






Concluding my post with random fashion visuals to inspire, and if you haven't check out my Glitter For Brain page which is updated with new visuals! 







nyhmphs:

indie/bambi  
the most unbelievable yet not photoshopped pics


Hope you found this inspirational. I'm trying to only create post when I'm inspired to do one and not push myself to create a new post every week for the sake of creating one. Inspiration takes time I guess. Hahah I'm doing up new travel guides already and they should be up soon. Check back on Wednesdays!

Till then, love yourself and others!
x Sharleen


No comments:

Post a Comment