Tuesday 7 October 2014

#7 | September Updates

Hey lovelies, Sept have been a crazy good month for me since I've embarked on my short 3 months internship. I swear work life is more draining than it seems. I rather be back in school. Haha

So despite having only the weekends and a week of break before I became an O.L, I did have fun and had plans. Quite a few things happened too. As usual  Imma quit blabbering and let the pics talk, enjoy:

1. Eat Play Love Cafe with my #CheapoBuddies
If you wanna hear an honest review, I don't feel like I had a very good experience there, in terms of service and food. The ambiance is great as you can see from the picture, very artsy, (Its filtered thats why it looks bright. Its much darker in real life) Its an art and craft place ideal for small children. Its great as they sell a lot of old school sweets and knick knacks.

We pretty much ordered one from different category, May had western, How Min had the soupy tom yam noodle soup? , Wen Wei had the smores waffle and I had the olive rice with egg. Though the food is still like so-so/acceptable, the milk tea was the worst. It tasted like it was completely instant thai milk tea. They would have at least stirred the drink properly before serving.. Another one of those average cafe with mediocre food that depended on their ambiance I guess.





Went airport to study with May after lunch. We obviously love buns but not anacondas ;)

 2. Times spent with family:
A. Was dying to try 4 fingers after hearing so many people raving about it. And I decided to bring my family to try. Their drumsticks are indeed good! But I honestly don't think their spicy level is spicy enough? It's like subtle spicy, I thought of it to be as spicy as korean rice cake sauce.

However their soy sauce flavoured was DA BOMBBBB. (They only have 2 flavours if I remember correctly)

B. Baking sess with le cousin, Belle. With my dear Ah Ma at the back. (inserts kissy face)



C. Went out with family le family at Joo Kiat, and I needed an OOTD with this ridiculously pretty romper? I honestly felt a Vanessa Hudgens moment when I wore this. It's so bohemian and chic. I'm usually the basics kind of girl, but recently I have been trying to experiment and try things that I always want to wear but have no guts to? Haha if you get what I mean. I think in simple words, I meant, I wanted to wear whatever I wanted to and not give 2 hoots about what the world think about me. :)

Candid shot by my talented bro
D. Spent some bonding time with my brother. Cycled from Tampines to Pasir Ris and back. We always talk but we seldom do things together. Decided to play the role of being a big sister and treated him for the ride. But we kinda got scammed and had to pay extra... But whatevas. Money can't buy good times right?

E. And of course, how can I not meet up with my favourite cousin? Hehe, She brought me to National Museum's Food for thought. The food was like damm good?  Though the prices are slightly steep.. But with the food quality, service and ambiance, I feel that it is a good place to dine, date or just chill by your own. They do have many outlets island wide.

The cool thing about their food is that they infuse local flavours into western dishes (fusion food). I really like their curry fried chicken and also their lime chilli fries. I'm salivating thinking about it. Its so damm gooooood. Will go back for more!



3. 1st place with the Wild Cats
So for the first time, I actually got to participate in a client presentation. First and fore most, I'm thankful for being part of this team, cause they are really good people. Though sometimes I do feel out of place as I can be rather awkward when I'm with people I'm not yet comfortable with, but I guess overtime.. I did feel comfortable with them. SOOOOO, WE'VE GOT FIRST! For the Brand Management Project for Jesslee shoes. With the prize money of $500!!! YAY :)

Huge thanks to Abel and Jace for presenting that day. I was honestly stressed up about the calculus exam that was going to take place the next day, and really couldn't concentrate. But they did a fantastic job in delivering our 5 months worth of hard work. Gotta give them credit!


Had to capture my mood after that win. Hehe


 4. Class BBQ
 And finally we had a class outing! (Sorta) I really like this class, cause they are all good people that gave out really good energy. I like how we have friendly competition and though everyone wants to do well, their spirit of helping others and sincerity really touched me. So I always feel comfortable and felt that I can open up to them. Plus I knew majority of them from my previous classes, it was like a reunion. :)

That night really gave me many good memories, and for some reason, I really hope that we can stay in contact and just meet up to chill and talk cock, talk about life. I just felt that they are the kind of people that I would want to keep them in my life till the end of time. I'll try to be more active in class. I'll try. ;)

Where the men are suppose to be at. (Except LiHwan haha)

Karoke with the talented Victor. 



5. That one friend you can always count on
One of my bestie, and I can't be more thankful for having her in my life. She's always so out going and steady when I'm coming up with crazy outing ideas. Though its kinda sad that it's always just us, cause the rest are busyyy.. But we have our own share of fun! Hehe (Hint: We're going to do something big soon. So anticipate my updates!)

Comnan Broken Rice Bowl. I never know that "grey feather back" was a type of fish. HAHA Really hard fish balls.. But the soup was not too bad. But I would rather eat at their sister brand: Nam Nam Noodle Bar.

That big bag of guilt. (Coincidental similar outfits!)

 6. Outing with MA SELF
In case you find it bizarre that I go out on my own.. Yes, yes I do. And I do not find it weird at all? I feel good to be able to walk around freely at times and not having to consider what the other person is thinking or wants to do. I kinda like to walk at my own pace, and just stop to take pictures when I feel like. Casually grab a drink and eat alone, watching the world doing their thang. It's nothing embarrassing for me. I feel embarassed for those who cannot even be okay to be alone.

I think I'm just really independent. Thats why its hard for me to find a boyfriend. Hahahahaha (Thats another topic that I shall not discuss here. Maybe next time I'll do a post on that on my thoughts on dating.. But not now.)

P.S It was lantern festival, I had to go Chinatown to snap lovely shots and soak that festive vibes!





7. Sun tanning-Picnic
As mentioned previously, my very sporting friend here and my crazy idea to sun tan at botanic gardens. Hahaha and it was kinda like just the night before and we called. But still, glad it happened.



No filter! It just so happen that she's angelic or some UFO was bringing her to their planet. Hmmm





Before I end of the post, here's a VLOG I did for our outing <<< CLICK HERE.
Do like (and/or) subscribe if you may, it would mean so much to me. (Haha sounds familiar?)

Love ya'll. Thanks for reading till here and I'll do anpther update soon. Mucks

No comments:

Post a Comment